What the hell is wrong with this dyno test...

Badinternet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been meaning to get your feedback on this for a few months now but just been too lazy to post.

Look at these post-tune dyno results and tell me, did my girl just not get enough nutrients in the womb or something? In addition to the tune, I've done bellanger headers/cats, corsa cat-back, upgraded billet pulleys, water pump, all silicone hoses, racing radiator, cold-air intake and other random stuff that wouldn't affect HP. And after all of that, I get like 60hp less than what FourEyes got for basically the same setup.

Anyways, ***. I'm still proud of her and love this car but is she just a runt or something?
If you cant read that its 390hp/433tq on final tune.

Attachments

• Dyno_05082024.jpeg
    Dyno_05082024.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

BoondocSaint

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you located in relation to FourEyes? Dynos can can vary widely due to atmospheric conditions, and even dyno to dyno results can change that much. The factors that can change a dyno result are numerous, and I'm sure someone with more extensive experience than myself will chime in with a good break down.

OP
OP
Badinternet

Badinternet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you located in relation to FourEyes? Dynos can can vary widely due to atmospheric conditions, and even dyno to dyno results can change that much. The factors that can change a dyno result are numerous, and I'm sure someone with more extensive experience than myself will chime in with a good break down.
Oh i have no idea where he lives i just mean the upgrades on my car are the same, at least in terms of the bolt ons and yet still way less power. Ive seen stock gen 2s put out more than mine…

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh i have no idea where he lives i just mean the upgrades on my car are the same, at least in terms of the bolt ons and yet still way less power. Ive seen stock gen 2s put out more than mine…
did you get an AFR reading to go with that dyno? You said you have a check engine light and a likely bad O2 sensor. Probably part of the issue. Yes, those numbers seem low...but also its hard to compare different dynos. AFRs will likely tell you a good bit of whats going on

Have you gone through everything else that could be a typical issue? Plugs, wires, air filters? Check that your throttles are opening 100%.

Is she running normally otherwise? Seems like the curve falls off steeply at 5200. Mine pulled solid to 6k (with Roe SCT tune, same mods but no headers) and made 427whp and 480wftlbs

OP
OP
Badinternet

Badinternet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The o2 sensor happened yesterday the tune pull were in May so they are unrelated.

OP
OP
Badinternet

Badinternet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What were the weather conditions that day? If intake charge temps are elevated the ecu will pull out a good amount of timing. What year is your car?
It was May in Texas, my shop brought it to the tuner and dyno'd her and I remember it being fairly hot that day, 45min drive from shop to tuner in 90ish degree weather. 00'

4bangerviperjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the gear you use for the pull can change things substantially. Different dynos read different parameters, if it was a heartbreaker dynodynamics it might read that low (usually 15-18% lower than a dynojet dyno)