WHEN can I ORDER a 09 ACR..?????

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
II know that Conner Ave. is closed to at least Feb.19th so will that be the earliest anyone can order a 09 ACR.? Kevin:dunno:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can order now. WIll not go into the system until Conner is back up...

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why Order? You can have one in your garage today.. All you need is your checkbook.:2tu:. Just saw a white/drivers stripe car, sell on Ebay.. absolutely STUNNING color combo..

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree why order when you can buy one now.if your going to finance better do it now than who knows if it will get worse later

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call Woodhouse and talk to Bill Pemberton. I was there Friday and they have new 09's IN STOCK. Way cool colors too!!!!

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to get a ACR now but I want one at or near invoice or my car traded in + 16K..(I have a dealer who will sell at invoice)..Iam also hoping that by March/April Dodge marketing will ok another run of SSG or Yellow my top 2 colors for a ACR. In the meantime I will see if my car sells,colors become available and if not I will make plans to transform my SSG into a ACR clone..:cool: Kevin

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you would want to talk to Prefix and see if they will put the aero ACR components on the car for you.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you would want to talk to Prefix and see if they will put the aero ACR components on the car for you.

Prefix= BIG $$$$.Iam also waiting to see who is going to make the ACR wing,splitter and dive planes at a realistic price,I would think we should hear something soon...I want the componets installed and the car painted in the ACR scheme with SSG drivers stripe and maybe Motons and HRE wheels...:headbang:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No offense, Frank, but you can not order an ACR now ( 21B package ) and even if they do come up sometime in February or later this month, it will be unlikely one would see one until April or later.

We still have 5 at the Plant that have started and they will not begin to be finished until likely in February or maybe March.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix= BIG $$$$.Iam also waiting to see who is going to make the ACR wing,splitter and dive planes at a realistic price,I would think we should hear something soon...I want the componets installed and the car painted in the ACR scheme with SSG drivers stripe and maybe Motons and HRE wheels...:headbang:
IMHO, the problem with turning an '08 coupe into an ACR is lots and lots of $$$$. You have to have springs, wheels, wing, splitter, dive planes, stabilizer bar, tires, etc., etc. Cost is prohibitive when you can just sell the coupe and buy the ACR. I have driven both and I have a good friend that tried to turn his '08 into an ACR. He finally just sold it and bought the ACR.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO, the problem with turning an '08 coupe into an ACR is lots and lots of $$$$. You have to have springs, wheels, wing, splitter, dive planes, stabilizer bar, tires, etc., etc. Cost is prohibitive when you can just sell the coupe and buy the ACR. I have driven both and I have a good friend that tried to turn his '08 into an ACR. He finally just sold it and bought the ACR.

It probably does not have the same value as a true ACR does when you just buy all the stuff later and put it on. Let alone the afore mentioned $$$$ on the transformation process.

It would kind of be like me taking my '01 GTS and buying all of the goodies off of ebay or wherever and making my car an '01 ACR. Except it isn't at all.

I can however understand doing it if the "value" is better track performance, but it's still just a copy car.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you trying to order hoping that ssg and yellow will become available? And your dealer will take the order on a car at invoice, not knowing if that combination will be built as well as promise to give you a number on your car today in this market?

I hope it works out, but if it is not one of the big viper dealers it doesn't sound realistic.

I am a die hard Woodhouse customer and Bill is a straight shooter, if you haven't called him I would try. He made sure I always got my vipers how I wanted.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to get a ACR now but I want one at or near invoice or my car traded in + 16K..(I have a dealer who will sell at invoice)..Iam also hoping that by March/April Dodge marketing will ok another run of SSG or Yellow my top 2 colors for a ACR. In the meantime I will see if my car sells,colors become available and if not I will make plans to transform my SSG into a ACR clone..:cool: Kevin

In view of Herb's posts on the sale of "The Viper Enterprise" ( See the Grail Trail), how do you know Dodge will still own the Viper line by March/April? If I were in the market for an ACR, I would buy it right now out of Woodhouse's inventory. My guess is that the price will go up a bit under a new owner when, and if, it takes over. Do I know this? No. But are you willing to gamble that the price will be lower in the future when demand for ACRs is good? If you had been at Homestead Speedway Saturday you would have seen many grown men drooling over the three ACR's there. Among those drooling were many Z06 Vette owners. The ACR is rapidly building demand among track rats. After the 7Min 22 sec. "Ring" unofficial record the car has already become a legend.

Last edited:

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no offense, but thats a dumb idea. you would spend more making your car a clone then just buying an ACR and you wouldnt add to the value of yours by doing so. talk to Ringgold or Bill P at Woodhouse and see if they can get you an ACR

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Herb's "Viper Enterprise" posts are found in the thread entitled "Future Snakes" under the "Grail Trail" subforum.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It probably does not have the same value as a true ACR does when you just buy all the stuff later and put it on. Let alone the afore mentioned $$$$ on the transformation process.

It would kind of be like me taking my '01 GTS and buying all of the goodies off of ebay or wherever and making my car an '01 ACR. Except it isn't at all.

I can however understand doing it if the "value" is better track performance, but it's still just a copy car.

Are you trying to order hoping that ssg and yellow will become available? And your dealer will take the order on a car at invoice, not knowing if that combination will be built as well as promise to give you a number on your car today in this market?

I hope it works out, but if it is not one of the big viper dealers it doesn't sound realistic.

I am a die hard Woodhouse customer and Bill is a straight shooter, if you haven't called him I would try. He made sure I always got my vipers how I wanted.

no offense, but thats a dumb idea. you would spend more making your car a clone then just buying an ACR and you wouldnt add to the value of yours by doing so. talk to Ringgold or Bill P at Woodhouse and see if they can get you an ACR

Ladies and Gentlemen,
You have ALL listed great replies and I appreciate them..I know an EXACT clone is probably out of the question but I dont intend to pay 42K for the ACR aero package when an exact replica will be made for less than a quarter of that price..Paint and the ACR aero package would go on first followed(when money permits brakes,motons,wheels)...
Iam at odds with this decision because I know myself a REAL ACR will always be more coveted than a clone but I REALLY love my SSG car and if I do get a ACR I cant at the expense of taking low 70s for my car,Iam NOT in the Upper tax bracket:D..
I have had a few people very interested in my car but they have to sell their car or they see new Vipers selling for nothing now(NOT SSG/BLK.) that they want my car at that price:( I have gone over on paper what I owe on my car and what I need to get for it plus the cash(refinance) that would make sense for me towards a ACR and I just cant get that deal from the site sponsers...I dont blame them(traded last 2 Vipers to Ringgold) as they are in business to make money,lol.......I guess I will just have to wait and see how things turn out,not in a hurry as I cant even drive here until MAY and I dont care when I get the car even if its late Summer...
Iam also caught between buying all cash and paying 7% registration fees or trading my car in and just paying 7% on the difference:dunno: Maybe I can raffle off my car or start a ACR relief fund.....:lmao:I really missed my chance because I couldnt sell my car and couldnt get the VR ACR in Oregon for 87.5:omg::mad: Sorry for the long run on sentence reply; now lets get out there and contribute to the Kevin C. ACR fund!!!:headbang:

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who got that VR ACR for 87.5, or is it still available?

It sold a few months ago after being on e-bay for awhile..They didnt want to take ANY trade as they were reconstructing their showroom..I even tried to give them my Rolex(submariner) my car and 5k,lol...They told me it sold to a man in Florida,lucky bastage:mad:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, if there's that much angst in the decision and that little wiggle room in the cash department, you should just pass. It's just a car, and this ain't the market for obsession if you are "not in the upper tax bracket". Enjoy the great car you have. Just my .02.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin - Something I checked into was to add a SnakeOyl rear spoiler which is very similar to the wing provided wth the standard "aero" package. I believe the wing is a little shorter (less wide) than the ACR aero package though. You can also purchase a splitter. These items can be had for less than 4K (unfinished). Then, all you are missing are the dive planes and wheels. If you can live without the dive planes, you should be able to create a near ACR clone for less than upgrading to an ACR. The "pro" of course is that it will be SSG!!! :2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sold a few months ago after being on e-bay for awhile..They didnt want to take ANY trade as they were reconstructing their showroom..I even tried to give them my Rolex(submariner) my car and 5k,lol...They told me it sold to a man in Florida,lucky bastage:mad:

If that was the one with the two tone tan and black interior then he ain't gonna be so lucky when he tries to sell it. That interior was the ONLY reason that car went so low.

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that was the one with the two tone tan and black interior then he ain't gonna be so lucky when he tries to sell it. That interior was the ONLY reason that car went so low.

Lee,
It was that one, originally ordered by a SF 49er player thats why it had that interior..At that price I didnt care if it had a pink interior that was a great deal!! If I really couldnt stand the interior I would have saved it for collectors value and replaced it with black for around 1K:D....If any dealers have one for that price call me:omg:

Ben,did you find a SSG Coupe yet???????????

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,
It was that one, originally ordered by a SF 49er player thats why it had that interior..At that price I didnt care if it had a pink interior that was a great deal!! If I really couldnt stand the interior I would have saved it for collectors value and replaced it with black for around 1K:D....If any dealers have one for that price call me:omg:

Ben,did you find a SSG Coupe yet???????????

Just a heads up, I researched a swap like that with Chuck Tator when I found out you could not get a two tone interior with a driver stripe ACR. Way more than 1k, more like 4 times that.
I got dual stripes for just that reason so I could get the two tone interior.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
always wondered why I never saw the red/black/red with the red two tone interior... I like the two tone interior, but wouldn't sacrifice the mean ACR look for it....

Just a heads up, I researched a swap like that with Chuck Tator when I found out you could not get a two tone interior with a driver stripe ACR. Way more than 1k, more like 4 times that.
I got dual stripes for just that reason so I could get the two tone interior.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The ACR pre-orders have already (likely) exceeded 35-40% of the 2009 Model Year.

So even if CAAP does re-open mid Feb as planned, it is possible that ACR ordering might not open for a while after that. My guess is April-May, but ALL THAT could change when/if the new Viper Enterprise is announced......

DONT WAIT. Have one of the VCA DEALERS HELP YOU NOW !! Roanoke, Woodhouse, Tator, Ringgold etc. A new ACR just sold here in in WA for INVOICE !!! They are around, and savvy dealers can FIND em.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skammy