Where do you park at work?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*if* I drive one of my toys to work, it is typically on Fridays. The parking garage seems a lot less full on Fridays ;)

Other than that, the toys stay home in the garage.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is where I park when I can get a spot I can see from my office.

PS: I have a job but I do not work.............I am a government employee!!!!!!!:2tu:
Me_At_Work.jpg

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
You take a corner spot yet park in the center of the spot?

I always find a corner spot and park as far away as I can from the neighbor spot and at the same time not going too far to warrant a ticket.

PS: I have a job but I do not work.............I am a government employee!!!!!!!:2tu:
Me_At_Work.jpg

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, where can I find the sneaky pete band like the one in your avatar? That is nice.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own my company, so I am lucky enough to have my own VERY WIDE spot by the front door. Got at least 5 feet on each side of the car. Love it!!!

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fortuante. I have underground parking with security and no one parks on either side of me. Through the years my law partners have said they look forward to the Fall when they can see what is new in my spot. Over the years there have been 4 vipers, 3 vettes and an assortment of Caddys including the current XLR-V.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fortuante. I have underground parking with security and no one parks on either side of me. Through the years my law partners have said they look forward to the Fall when they can see what is new in my spot. Over the years there have been 4 vipers, 3 vettes and an assortment of Caddys including the current XLR-V.

VERY nice cars you had!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the XLR-V!!! BLACK??? Great parking you have~! (pic of the XLR? I know, I know--GM!) ~juli

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, where can I find the sneaky pete band like the one in your avatar? That is nice.

All the spots in the parking lot are reserved and the guy that has the spot next to the one I get is a car nut too so I am not worried about door dings etc. I had that Sneaky Pete band made for me on the beach in Puereto Vallarta last year by a young man that could make one in about 3 minutes tops.;)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also have my own business so, 10,000 sq. ft. air conditioned garage next to my office. Which is a major plus in FL.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just started a new job but the parking we have here is awful...picture a 4-level concrete parking garage supported by wooden posts...broken and cracked concrete on every level and the garage is literally tilting over to one side. I've never seen anything like it. I won't park my car in there. I have to take some pics and post them. Its truly a site. I have to park 1/3 mile away and won't be driving my Viper to work until the parking situation improves...:( I envy you.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't worry about parking at work at all. I park next to anything from dirty pickups to shiny expensive cars. What's the fuss about? :dunno: I do like to peek at it from the window now and then when work gives me a headache.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is somewhat of a daily driver, Paxton and all........and it is just a car. I park mine at the Metro and ride the train into work to DC. Would drive it directly there but since I got a ticket down there threating to tow it for no front plate I opted to risk a door dent over a misalignment of the front end or worse yet. I love my car just as much as the rest here, but I recognize it is just that, and I didn't buy it to sit in my garage. The only time I won't drive it is a snow forecast day or the plows haven't been out after one. Drive em if you got one.......

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If and when I drive my Viper to work, which is very rare because I don't want my employees thinking I am flaunting my car, I park it in our storage/5 stall garage that we own.

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is somewhat of a daily driver, Paxton and all........and it is just a car. I park mine at the Metro and ride the train into work to DC. Would drive it directly there but since I got a ticket down there threating to tow it for no front plate I opted to risk a door dent over a misalignment of the front end or worse yet. I love my car just as much as the rest here, but I recognize it is just that, and I didn't buy it to sit in my garage. The only time I won't drive it is a snow forecast day or the plows haven't been out after one. Drive em if you got one.......

You crazy man, parking at the metro.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Me_At_Work.jpg

HEH, Isn't that Handicap parking???:rolleyes: Sure can tell Blue is your favorite color. Nice car though. GET out of MY parking spot!!!:lmao:

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You crazy man, parking at the metro.

Either very brave or crazy like he said.

Luckily I work at home, so no worries about parking the Viper at work.

Some people can treat it like it's "just a car", but I'm not one of those people. This weekend I saw a Murcielago at the bookstore here in Orlando parked in a regular spot next to a pickup truck. No way I could ever do that. I find the spot that is so far away that no one would ever dare park next to me. I started parking far away religiously after one of my other cars that was only 2 months old was sideswiped by someone backing out of a spot in a restaurant parking lot. No note was left for me; just a nice long dent/scratch on my door and rear quarter panel.

Then on my next car, my wife sideswiped me backing out of the garage after I'd only had that car for less than a week.

Don't want to have to deal with any of that again.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are SO unlucky.

It is a site to see when big names roll in with their rigs (can't say anything or I would be fired). I've helped out a few members here regarding Viper stuff, we did the Le Mans Vipers, GT2, carbon body work, dampers, etc.. in the past and lots of other Viper related stuff. One thing I have to say is that the racing world is very, very intense, the hours, the travelling they do, extremely competitive, it's definitely not a regular 9 to 5 job. I've worked at DCX and Ford in engineering in Michigan, it's quite different to that OEM lifestyle. Regardless, I love cars, drool over the race stuff and having a wealth of info from the experts at my fingertips, it makes up for the hectic life and long hours. The respect is limitless for the guys at work.

So.. it's pretty much why I park my Viper in the back lot, it's definitely not a place to express an ego related to what you drive. They want to see what you built. It's an odd twist to this Post, I enjoy showing off, but no can do with my RT/10 where I work.

I always enjoy your Posts and witty replies Dave. :2tu:

Mike

PS - For all who can show off their Vipers at work, let's carry on!

Last edited:

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If and when I drive my Viper to work, which is very rare because I don't want my employees thinking I am flaunting my car

I didn't want that either, I used to drive an oldschool VW eurovan to work so nobody would draw conclusions. Little did it help when all my buddies starting showing up in their "fancy" cars :rolaugh: Also I noticed some customers feel more comfortable doing business with me knowing I can afford the cars I have....:omg::omg::lmao::flush:

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are SO unlucky.

It is a site to see when big names roll in with their rigs (can't say anything or I would be fired). I've helped out a few members here regarding Viper stuff, we did the Le Mans Vipers, GT2, carbon body work, dampers, etc.. in the past and lots of other Viper related stuff. One thing I have to say is that the racing world is very, very intense, the hours, the travelling they do, extremely competitive, it's definitely not a regular 9 to 5 job. I've worked at DCX and Ford in engineering in Michigan, it's quite different to that OEM lifestyle. Regardless, I love cars, drool over the race stuff and having a wealth of info from the experts at my fingertips, it makes up for the hectic life and long hours. The respect is limitless for the guys at work.

So.. it's pretty much why I park my Viper in the back lot, it's definitely not a place to express an ego related to what you drive. They want to see what you built. It's an odd twist to this Post, I enjoy showing off, but no can do with my RT/10 where I work.

I always enjoy your Posts and witty replies Dave. :2tu:

Mike

PS - For all who can show off their Vipers at work, let's carry on!

Great. Now I am SO jealous.

And that would be weird working at a place where a Viper is just a car to most.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where do you park your Viper during the day?

Where I park my Viper during the day and where I park at work are two different things. I love my Viper too much to drive it to work and leave it somewhere all day and risk having it get damaged.

My Viper stays home where it's safe in the garage under its little cover. However, at work I park my DD either on an endcap so I can leave at least 3 ft of space between it and the next car or I park at the far end of the lot where there's no other vehicles.

On bicycle commute days I lock it up right next to the entrance. It's even closer than the handicap parking. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd