Where to install PORSCHE AIR DEFLECTORS?

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just leaving fog light holes open also will supply some additional cooling, even without ducting.

You will have to explain yourself as to how the fog lights being removed will create additional cooling, when that air does not make it back to the wheel wells, it sits in the front facia. Unless you are talking about also removing the rubber access panels in the front fender wells to push that air out into the wheel wells, which wont do much as it probably just hits the tire surface and heads out of the wheel well area.

Jon

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've run air deflectors using several different mounting methods, and yes, I run the deflectors in addition to using the Cone cooling kit. The methods I have tried are;

1. Brackets from Woodhouse. These are V-shaped pieces of aluminum flat stock which bolt to the factory holes in the Deflectors, then are secured to the Viper's control arm using hose clamps.
2. Brackets from IPS. Widely referred to as "Dilusi" brackets, these bolt to the factory holes in the Deflectors, then bolt to the Viper's control arm. This is what is shown in the Illustrated Upgrades (although the Deflector's are mounted upside-down in the photo)
3. Several schemes using just zip ties.

I was never very happy with the brackets because bolts through the factory Deflector holes force the Deflectors to ride in front of the Viper control arm, thus rubbing the rims at full lock. The brackets also tend to have the Deflectors riding low enough that they rub the ground.

I wouldn't worry too much about which mounting method you try first, even a small "off" results in the Deflectors being damaged, so you'll get several chances to try something new!

So in the illistrated upgrades, Mr. Mack Daddy Super Poser, has them upside down? VIPERMAD... HOW COULD YOU...??

Jon

Reaction score
Hmmm, I thought I changed those images? Yes, at one point I had them on the brackets upside-down....but I changed it. I was sure I had updated the pictures. No worries....as long as they look good.....I mean....I'll go roll under the car while it is NOT on the ****** BendPak lift and take updated pics! :)

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, I thought I changed those images? Yes, at one point I had them on the brackets upside-down....but I changed it. I was sure I had updated the pictures. No worries....as long as they look good.....I mean....I'll go roll under the car while it is NOT on the ****** BendPak lift and take updated pics! :)

uh huh.. so you did ... geeze... you take "tool" to a whole nother level.

Hey, so whats up with BendPak, am I missing out on some good flamming ?? Damn.. Off to go find it !!

Jon