Child/Car seat recommendations?

Fastb4ck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 4 year old that loves coming with me everywhere, from everything I've read the airbag stays off if weight in the passenger seat is under 80lbs. Anyone here take their toddler around and what seat do you guys use?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you have a gen 3 or 4 you can turn the airbag off through a switch in the center console under the armrest. I don't have any kids myself, but I know the passenger seat is also set up with LATCH connections for car seats, so I think it's actually pretty easy to get one in the car. There should be two small loops at the base of the seat back where it meets the bottom cushion and then a buckle type blade (what a seat belt looks like) behind the small removeable panel behind the seat back.

OP
OP
F

Fastb4ck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a gen 3 or 4 you can turn the airbag off through a switch in the center console under the armrest. I don't have any kids myself, but I know the passenger seat is also set up with LATCH connections for car seats, so I think it's actually pretty easy to get one in the car. There should be two small loops at the base of the seat back where it meets the bottom cushion and then a buckle type blade (what a seat belt looks like) behind the small removeable panel behind the seat back.

Thank you so much, I didn't realize we could turn the airbag off.

Siciliano15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive taken my kid out with me many times hes 2. the seat detects that the weight in it is low so a little light lights up on the dash that automatically turns off the front air bag when hes in the seat there. I just strap the car seat to the car with the seat belt which is always a fine option.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Clarification:

Gen 3 = yes, you can turn the airbag off (switch is in the center console)
Gen 4 = no, you can NOT turn the airbag off manually

Thanks for the clarification! I didn't realize they removed that for gen 4. Good to know!

gregrowell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you so much, I didn't realize we could turn the airbag off.
Used to take my little one (now 15) all the time. She loved it and would tell me 'Daddy go faster.' Turned off airbag, car seat strapped in....a little smaller seat works best to squeeze between the side bolsters....and it was some of the best times of my life, taking my precious girls for rides in 'the' last hand assembled, V10, AMERICAN roadster.

Getting a little expensive to keep running...but I love the car so much after 14 years of ownership.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dogfish246