smooth tubes

oxladey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, while keeping my '98 RT/10 pretty stock, I do want to change to smooth tubes.

Can anyone tell me who makes the best...also, I've seen a few cars that have red tubes and nice stainless clamps...any ideas?

Thanks!

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red are almost always the ROE tubes which are straight hose and angle cut ends.

The smooth tubes with the factory ACR bend and clamps are available here:

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red are almost always the ROE tubes which are straight hose and angle cut ends.

The smooth tubes with the factory ACR bend and clamps are available here:
That's the one, and Nick is awesome to work with.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Historically, red Gen I and II tubes initially came from SnakeOyl, Adderware, then Roe Racing, Woodhouse, and PartsRack. After that, there were a variety marketed.

I preferred the source to be SAMCO in Great Britain...which was true for all of the above named sellers...including the black curved tubes on the 99 ACR.

Later, Roe went to a different supplier.

Adderware supplied black, red, blue, purple, and light yellow smooth tubes...all from SAMCO stock.

CharlieBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine from Reid as well. Just make sure the one you get has the angle and not straight. Other than that nothing special about them. I got black and they look stock…they were standard issue on ACRs

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The ones supplied by Adderware were precisely cut at a carefully calculated angle using a special radial saw blade, champherred on both ends for ease of installation, and long enough to fit all Gen I and II Vipers with their minute build dimensions.They were "developed" by a machinist/Viper owner per request of a major dealer due to the alleged circumstance that D-C demanded that dealerships NOT discount the the new-to-the-market smooth tubes found on the Gen II ACR's. That meant one paid $240.00 per set.
One independent marketer supplied a set of smooth tubes for a mere $90.00...but, on close examination, some ended up being a bit short and all appeared to have been hand cut...likely with a razor knife. As I recall, Adderware initially charged $80.00 per set which was soon dropped to $60.00 per set...which included 4 stainless steel hose clamps chosen specifically for silicone tubes. Worldwide shipping was free. Interestingly, the approximate materials' cost ran about $25.00 per package...per the machinist. Hundreds of sets sold !!

Interesting and fun times !!!

4bangerviperjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazon.
You must be registered for see images attach
2.5" polished piping and 2.5" couplers and clamps. $30. Unfortunately i don't have a nice clean pic of them, but here's a pretty blurry shot from a video i have of my car lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexP