Drivers door micro switches

Kennymac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old problem of the outside door button not working on my 2000 RT/10. I read about all the broken wire issues, so I started there, both physically inspecting wires and testing the circuits. All were good including power to the micro switch the door button. I jumped the circuit and the actuator worked. The switch is clean, no dust or debris, I found all my wires, switches and parts to be pristine, got this from the original owner, garage kept with 35k on it. Anyone know where these switches can be found? Internet searches have yielded nothing, Viper Parts Rack might have one, I’m pursuing that, but this switch should be available somewhere it seems. It’s a Burgess V4LST7 switch with “3599” on one side and “2010” on the other. We will all need these eventually it seems. Thanks in advance, I pray I haven’t opened myself up to ridicule from certain members that have sand in their vaginas , bring it on. I can take it after 30 years in the Army. PS, looking at it, a short term fix would be to use the passenger side switch, I don’t see a right/left difference here, outside of political considerations.

Attachments

• IMG_1226.jpeg
    IMG_1226.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1225.jpeg
    IMG_1225.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1074.jpeg
    IMG_1074.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Kennymac

Kennymac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem I am having to work through is finding a compatible 12 volt switch. The link you sent is to a similar switch but isn’t electrically compatible or close to the size. There are many close in size but mounting them would be close to be impossible. You are on the right track! Thanks

lane_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So When I first got my car, I had a bad switch on the passenger side door. This is what I ordered and its been working for almost 5 years. Only difference is color is white instead of black.

I also ordered end caps:

I used the old switch and soldered the wires to the same places, then put the cap on and filled it with epoxy. switch slid in just like factory.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem I am having to work through is finding a compatible 12 volt switch. The link you sent is to a similar switch but isn’t electrically compatible or close to the size. There are many close in size but mounting them would be close to be impossible. You are on the right track! Thanks
I think you got sand in your ******
and need to blow it out.

The link I posted is the exact same part number from the exact same manufacturer as the one you have plus the exact same switch @lane_viper posted.

The link @lane_viper has is the exact same switch as I posted, just that is RoHS compliance hence the UL added to the end of the manufacturer's part number.

lane_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You opened up the original switch? I’m just trying to picture how this method works. Thanks.
So the 3 prongs that you wire to are coved by a small cover, you have to pop the cover to see how its wired.

The switches come as shown, and you need to bottom covers to cover up the soldered area.

Hope that Helps.

OP
OP
Kennymac

Kennymac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your saying it’s been posted but you have no link to the post unless, of course your taking about the post before yours? Your lack of information that directly leads to an answer is missing. Must be the internet?

viperkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old problem of the outside door button not working on my 2000 RT/10. I read about all the broken wire issues, so I started there, both physically inspecting wires and testing the circuits. All were good including power to the micro switch the door button. I jumped the circuit and the actuator worked. The switch is clean, no dust or debris, I found all my wires, switches and parts to be pristine, got this from the original owner, garage kept with 35k on it. Anyone know where these switches can be found? Internet searches have yielded nothing, Viper Parts Rack might have one, I’m pursuing that, but this switch should be available somewhere it seems. It’s a Burgess V4LST7 switch with “3599” on one side and “2010” on the other. We will all need these eventually it seems. Thanks in advance, I pray I haven’t opened myself up to ridicule from certain members that have sand in their vaginas , bring it on. I can take it after 30 years in the Army. PS, looking at it, a short term fix would be to use the passenger side switch, I don’t see a right/left difference here, outside of political considerations.
Call the manufacturer

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your saying it’s been posted but you have no link to the post unless, of course your taking about the post before yours? Your lack of information that directly leads to an answer is missing. Must be the internet?
Is this directly to me?